Monday, April 30, 2007

My Living History

I cannot wait until the day when I move into a house and know that I’m going to live there for more than two years. That day will truly be glorious. I’ve practically been a nomad since I moved out of my parents’ house back in the fall of 1999. The longest I’ve stayed at one address has been two years. Yikes!

First semester freshman year I lived at GSP/Corbin. Everyone needs a residence hall experience. Sophomore year, I moved into the Tri Delt house. Each semester we’d change rooms, so that entailed moving out each Christmas and summer and back home for the break. Junior year was also Tri Delt. After junior year, I stayed in Lawrence that summer to work and take summer classes. Then I moved into my first official apartment with Julie. I stayed there a year, then moved into L16 at CW for almost two. Then here, my favorite apartment yet, for one year and 10 months. Now, it’ll be off to California for two years. Sigh.

The sunny side of this is being able to take an inventory of all of the stuff I’ve accumulated over time and getting rid of JUNK. I’ve started the long process of cleaning, purging and packing, as evidenced by the stack in our office. On the right, packed boxes. On the left, empty boxes yet to be filled.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yes, take the opportunity to purge! Throwing things away is akin to cleansing the soul in my book. ;)