Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Job: Check!

The tide had to change and alas, it finally did. I’ll get the big news out of the way right here. If you didn’t deduce it from the headline, I got a job!

As I mentioned previously, I was contacted back in February about an editing position for another equipment magazine that would have allowed me to work from home. But by the time I responded, they had already filled the position. Luck turned back in my direction when they called me again about a month later, saying that they were again in the market for an editor because the person they had previously hired had taken another job. Two interviews and an article later, they called me to hire me on as their new associate editor.

Needless to say, I’m quite relieved and very excited to have a job, especially one that so perfectly fits me. It includes a lot of what I do now, writing, editing, proofing, with some added responsibility and production duties. Add in the fact that my 50-minute commute just went down to a 10-second walk to the other room, and that I won’t have to go jobless for a month or more, AND that we won’t have to worry about only having one vehicle, AND that we won’t have to figure out insurance, AND that Martikins will get to be my assistant pug, and I’ll just say that this is a huge blessing. Thanks for all the prayers sent my way—I know there were quite a few!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so happy for you [tears welling]! Congrats [involuntary shaking of chin]! This is such great news [slow tear, fast tear]! Now you guys can move with no worries [sob, sob, sob]!

Ma W said...

Another new year's resolution fulfilled. I'm thrilled. Your FIL is thrilled, and your hubby is ecstatic. How can tears of happiness be tears of sadness at the same time? As time draws nearer for you (3) to depart. It's very easy! We are going to be missing you much. Love ya, MaW