Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun in the Desert/Fun in the Dessert

I don't know when my blog turned into a travel blog; it's not really intended to be one, but here I go again. A couple of weekends ago I hopped on over to Phoenix. My mom was going to visit Kyle, so I thought I'd crash their party. I hadn't seen either of them since Christmas, and I don't do well going that long without seeing family! My mom and I landed within about five minutes of each other and I thought I was going to crash down the jetway to get to her. I don't think we stopped jabbering for about two hours.

We headed to Kyle's place where we bunked down for the evening before getting up to go to the Grand Canyon the next day. That's one amazing hole in the ground. It was slightly different this time without the helicopter entry, but I made do.

Here she is.


Seriously, some amazing vistas to behold.


The whole lot of us.


Don't push me in!


This didn't feel extremely dangerous, but it looks it from afar.


That night for dinner we went to this great restaurant called White Chocolate Grill. Needless to say, we couldn't leave without getting the White Chocolate Brownie. It was sinfully delicious.


The next day, we had to hike off the brownie, so Kyle and I trucked it to the top of Pinnacle Peak.


The view from the pinnacle was pretty amazing as well. Not Grand Canyon amazing, but Pinnacle Peak amazing.


My mom also learned on this trip the point-the-camera-at-yourself-and-shoot trick, but I won't post that picture because she brought me into this world, and I'm pretty sure she can take me out.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Three points:

1. Nothing says love like trying to throw your sister into the Grand Canyon.

2. It is quite the hole. lol.

3. It's always a smart idea to stay in the good graces of your mama. :)

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.