Thursday, May 15, 2008

The sneaky beast strikes again

So I posted my most embarrassing moments of the year back in December, both of which, crazily enough, involved Marti. One of the contenders was when she broke into another apartment and I had to trap her in a bathroom to catch her. Well, not only has she struck again, revisiting the first apartment, but she’s added the other apartment to her pug-burglar repertoire.

We’re in a ridiculous heat wave, so I’ve been doing all I can to keep the apartment cool. It’s a losing battle. So yesterday I opened the front door and propped a chair in front of it so I could keep some sort of a breeze flowing through. Little Marti of course sees the potential for sweet, sweet freedom, and sneaks her little butt out the front door…while I’m watching. The nerve. It wouldn’t have been so bad had our neighbors not had their door open too, employing the same cooling method I was.

I rush out the front door and right into the apartment, where Marti and her cat enemy were facing off and the neighbors were trying to cordon Marti off in the dining area. Marti was a little freaked out, what with the cat out to kill her and people trying to trap her. But not freaked out enough to bypass the cat food, which gave me the opportunity to snag the little thing and hightail it out of there…apologizing profusely the whole way.

Now that Marti has trespassed into forbidden cat territory, I’m sure the cat will really be out for blood. The hissing has already resumed.

No comments: