Monday, May 19, 2008

Fun in the city

After my Phoenix trip I had to wait a whole 4.5 days before my mom came out to visit me. Yay! This time, she brought my grandma. Instead of giggle power times 2, I was dealing with giggle power times 3. It was great fun. I picked them up from the airport and we headed straight to lunch, where I showed them the wonders of Chipotle and gave them a tutorial on ordering in their future Chipotle endeavors. After the bellies were full, it was off to Stanford!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my mom is new at the art of taking her own picture. And she learned fast!


I would have taken the photo for them, but I was too busy sprinting back and forth to the car putting change in the meter. Come on Stanford, I only ever have my debit card on me...I'm not a change keeper for the odd meter.

After my workout was in, we headed up to the Hoover Tower. The view is always amazing. I'm a big fan of good views lately.


After campus and a 30-second walking tour of the apartment, we headed up to the big city for a night on the town. We had a delicious dinner, ended up paying for another table's way more expensive dinner, and then had yummy donuts on the pier.

The next morning we hoofed it down to Pier 39, where we watched the sea lions. They are seriously super cute, and with their little whiskers, quite Marti-esque, albeit a tiny bit stinky. This little guy was loving the sun.


Once we dealt with the restaurant that wronged us, we finished up at the Pier, and after we'd taken the requisite group shot (because the sign said it was a photo-op spot), we headed on over the Golden Gate Bridge to see more sites.

Now, Alan and I only drove over the Golden Gate Bridge for the first time just a month or so ago. It's a cool drive, and I knew my mom and granny would enjoy it. So we braved a bit of the California traffic and headed over. Plus, I wanted to show them Sausalito. As Alan and I did at first sight, they fell in l-o-v-e with Sausalito. If you could bottle perfection, it would be Sausalito in a bottle. It's got an amazing view of San Francisco; it's right on the water; it has the cutest little shops and restaurants; flowers are in bloom and everything's perfectly manicured. It's out of a perfect little book or movie. I want to move up to Sausalito, but I probably couldn't afford a single brick in that town.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Aww,this post takes me back to our trip out there. So fun. So beautiful. So not close to where I live.

Funny that you said that the seals are like Marti. I'm always calling Siena a little seal. They even bark alike. :)