Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Alan Loves Marti

Before I got married, my mom told me that I had a lifetime of laughs ahead of me with Alan. I knew it was true, but in the last week, he has cracked me up more than usual. Maybe it’s because he hit 30, maybe it’s because of his soon-to-be-Ph.D status, maybe it’s because we’ve both been home a lot. Whatever the reason, I had to share a few of the laughs with everyone.

His birthday night began with him finishing up his dissertation. A very happy Alan:



A few drinks and a cupcake later:



During a movie, I fell asleep. Alan woke me up so I could take a picture of him and Marti...



…because his attempts at taking pictures of himself and Marti were unsuccessful:



The next day, I clicked through the camera to find about five versions of this hilarious picture:



I’d been asleep, so I had no idea that Alan was snapping all of these pictures.

Other funnies: After taking Marti out at the crack of dawn one morning, I came back to bed to find Alan sleeping with his head at the foot of the bed. After making him flip back around, I found out that when he’d come to bed the night before he went to say hi to Marti at the foot of the bed and fell asleep. I don't know which is worse: him falling asleep upside down, or me not noticing I'd been snuggling feet all night.

Being at home, I’ve also noticed that Alan can sleep through the alarm like a champion. I thought for the longest time that he was just a snoozer. Nope. He honestly doesn’t hear the alarm. It can go off for 5, 10, 20 minutes without him even blinking. Each morning I have to take a mid-morning break to make him hit the snooze.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ph.D in chemistry? Pssht! Maybe he should go for a degree in photography. Those are some mad picture taking skills.