Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Complainer's Blog

So the holidays are approaching and I thought I'd get into the holiday spirit by complaining and getting some annoyances off my chest. I don't know if I've mentioned it previously, but the walls in our apartment are pretty thin. It hasn't really been that bothersome because our bedroom has closets and clothes insulating it and I don't have a problem sleeping. But the living room is another story. Almost every morning I can hear our neighbor – let's call him Scott, because that's his name – let out the rip-roaringest belch you've ever heard. I could set my watch by it and only be off by 30 minutes at most. He burps consistently between 8:00 and 8:30.

Scott has also been renovating his apartment for the past month. I assume he has permission from the landlord to be doing this, but he hasn't asked for permission from my ears. He did warn us ahead of time that he was going to be ripping out his carpets and refinishing the hardwoods. I thought, "How bad can it be?" Well, I don't know if he got bit by the remodeling bug or has watched too much Flip This Apartment, but he's been running all kinds of machinery and loud equipment for weeks now. And, working from home, I hear every bit of banging, drilling, sanding and belching that's going on. Currently it sounds like he's sanding something very large because it's taken two days.

Ok, I feel better.

On another note, remember the anti-dog-pooing sign? The other day it turned into this:



Marti does not grace this area with her presents (ha!), but we do regularly walk by it. I don't know who the sign is aimed at, but even if a dog were pooing every day in this area, I don't see why it's bothering anyone. It's all dirt, on the side of a building, where no one walks, ever. It just kind of irks me.

And finally, the dog park is in its 7th week of being closed. Marti is beside herself; she doesn't understand what's going on. The grass is looking much better though – meaning, there is actually grass again – so maybe Marti's Christmas present will be going to the dog park once we're back after Christmas.

2 comments:

Quinn's Mom said...

LOL! How nice that you have a built-in burbing alarm clock! And those people with the anti-dog sign are terrible. Luckily, there's no sign like that at the Coffman house, where I'll finally see you guys & Marti again!

Jenn said...

Wow...maybe for Christmas you and Marti will BOTH get presents -- a next door neighbor who has finished his remodeling and a dog park for Marti. That ish is so good you can't wrap it. Can't wait to see you! You're almost here!