Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh, Christmas Bush

Alan and I gave away our artificial Christmas tree before we moved to California. It was just one more big and bulky item that we didn't want to take with us. It was still a good tree though, so I donated it to the Walters household. Click here to see it in its decorated glory! I'm glad to see it found a good home.

Space in our apartment is limited, and while we had room for a tree, we didn't want to get a giant tree that would take over our apartment. I was thinking about one of those little evergreen-plant-in-a-pot types, but when Alan and I got to Safeway we saw these little 2-foot trees and had to have one. We took off the tag and went into the store to pay, with the idea that we would come back out and pick the best tree because they were all the same price. But when we got back out to pick the tree, we got it in our heads that the tree had its hopes up and was thinking that it was going to be the one coming home with us because we'd taken its tag off. We didn't have the heart to let it down, so off we went with the short little tree.

You know how usually you get your tree home and it's way bigger than you thought it would be? Not the case here. Once we got this little guy in the apartment it seemed way smaller than it did outside. We bought a tree stand at Target, and the tree stand is practically bigger than the tree itself. But once we got it decorated, I must say, it's pretty adorable. I love our Christmas bush!

3 comments:

Ma W said...

It makes my heart happy to know that you two will be the parents of my possible some day grandchild. Your concern for the feelings of all living things is has a definite metaphysical leaning. LQTM

Jenn said...

Oh my God...so funny. lol. The tree is almost as big as Marti! I love the Christmas bush, and I'm glad you saved him from the store.

And thanks for the tree! It's in good hands, I promise. :)

Quinn's Mom said...

LOL! I love that Marti's almost as tall as the tree!