Monday, November 26, 2007

California Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving just does not feel like Thanksgiving when there is no extended family involved, but our little family threesome made the best of it, creating new traditions all our own. Thursday morning Alan and I headed up to campus for the 2nd Annual Turkey Bowl. Alan was there to play and strain some muscles, and Marti and I were there to cheer him on.



Marti says RAH!



Two good halves of football, and Alan's team came out victorious, 2-1. Might I add that Alan contributed a significant touchdown, which could be seen in this picture if the sideline wasn't in the way. You'll just have to trust me that Alan was a star!



After all that exertion, Alan took a pre-dinner nap. Some Thanksgiving traditions never change.



After our big, wonderful, outdoor potluck Thanksgiving dinner, in which I ate way too much and got to see someone experience their very first Thanksgiving feast ("Very delicious!"), Alan and I headed up to Lake Tahoe on Friday to enjoy a day of skiing.

Alan and Marti among the knotty pine.



Saturday was opening day at Heavenly, so skiing was limited, but it was still really fun to hit the mountain and get my ski on. Another reason to love California: Several ski resorts within a 4- to 5-hour drive, a huge improvement over the 10-hour Kansas-Colorado journey. I'm going to make sure Alan and I have a few ski trips this year, even if I have to kidnap him.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

"Knotty pine" is fantastic. As is "naughty pine." lol. I don't even know what that means.

I think this is the worst comment ever, btw. lol.