Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all! 2007 has a good ring to it, so I have a feeling it'll be a good year. As promised, here are my resolutions.

1. Read the Bible. It’s always been a goal of mine to read the good book, and this is the year I’ll do it. My grandma got Alan and me a great Bible for our wedding and I’ve finally cracked it open. It’s the Life Application Study Bible and this version contains additional explanations and gives background information on every page so it’s impossible to get lost. It has maps and gives character profiles of the people discussed. It definitely adds another dimension to the Bible and helps keep your attention. 2171 pages to go!

2. Find a job. And not at the Dairy Queen of my nightmares.

3. Find a home. Or a non-rat-infested apartment for less than $1,800 a month.

4. No eating fast food. I’ve only eaten once at Taco John’s and two bites of a McDonald’s cheeseburger since mid-October and I plan to keep it up.

5. Be a nicer, more patient person.

6. Keep up with the workouts. Now that I have my iPod, I should have no problem getting going on the elliptical. No excuses!

7. Keep Marti out of the puppy hospital. Easier said than done because I have no control over her intestines, but I’ll do what I can!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I need to slightly amend your #2 resolution. It should read "Fine a job with IM." Do this or I will perish at Prism/Penton/Primedia.

Ma W said...

I hope '07 is a great year for you & your hubby too. If you have another one of those "Dairy Queen nightmares", just find yourself a different "door" to go through like you know who does. I'm getting worried about that boy.