Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One love, one hate and one confession

Love
I love Arrested Development. I'm not sure why I never heard much about it while it was on TV, but I guess most of America was too busy watching American Idol* 4 days a week to commit any more time of its time to this other Fox show. Alan and I have gotten it on Netflix (I also heart Netflix) and have watched episode after episode...after episode. It is hilarious and has characters like no others you have ever come across, or will ever come across again. If you watch it and don't like it, I will be shocked. And I also might not be able to talk to you again.

Hate
Kids are cute. Kids are funny. Kids can make cute and funny commercials. But they don't always make cute and funny commercials, hence this entry. I just heard an optometrist's ad on the radio. The girl allegedly can't say "optometrist" so she tells us to go see the "optamatologist." Twice. Also, amazingly enough, she's able to perfectly pronounce all of the other words in the ad. This isn't precious, it's annoying. I'm sure if I were the parent I'd think it was the most adorable thing in the world. But at 5 o'clock on a Tuesday, when I'm on my way home from work, hungry, it's annoying. Use kids in commercials with caution because you just might make hungry people angry, and commercials shouldn't incite negative feelings.

Confession
Up until this point in time I've been a good apartment-dwelling dog owner. I've (tried) to keep Marti from barking at all hours, I've tried to be respectful, and I've picked up her "business." But I'm done. I'm really tired of picking up her "business." It's cold out, it's snowy and icy, I have gloves on. It's not convenient to pick up after her in these conditions. So I quit. I try to lead her to do her doo in areas that only a weirdo or fellow non-poo-picker-upper would manage to stumble upon.** Areas that people won't have to step over to get to their cars. I kick some snow over it and cover it up--especially when she jumps up into flower beds by the manager's office and poops up there. I know it's bad. But at least I don't let her poop on sidewalks like some people.***

That's all for now.

*Nothing against American Idol, I'm an on-again fan this season.
**Still, watch your step if you come visit.
***Alan.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

"Love, Hate, Confession" -- You are an editor through and through, crafting even a cleaver title to your post. Take note readers (and potential employers who might be reading...especially those who work at Google): this girl has talent!