Saturday, December 8, 2012

9 Months and Change

Owen The Adorable.

Owen has now been in the outside world longer than he was in the inside world. Remember that ultrasound photo of him smiling? That pretty much sums up his personality. He's super laid back and a generally happy baby. The days that he's fussy I'm at a loss because—who are you and what did you do with Owen?

9 months and my first pair of shoes. I'm not even kidding.

I'm watching my neighbor's twins for a few hours a couple of afternoons a week while she goes to work in exchange for the same for Avery. Owen will be able to cash in many, many favors in the future for being so, so good while I've got three 2-year-olds running amok. And he doesn't even know it yet. (Owen, if you're reading this, seriously. Disney World? You're that good.)

If he wasn't so laid back, I wouldn't have been able to get to the vet for an appointment for Marti.

I could have done nothing else this day and would have considered it a success.

Considering how strong he was as a fetus and newborn, I'm surprised he's not yet crawling. But can I just say, THANK GOODNESS? Why parents are in a hurry to have a mobile child boggles my mind. Take your time, my late crawlers. Mommy needs a break. He is, however, rolling from here to there and everywhere. Every time I turn around, he's rolled to some new danger or item of disgust, like Marti's dog toys. Marti loves to share her germs.
After several months of lukewarm interest in lukewarm solid foods, he's suddenly developed an appetite. He also has developed opinions.

Mashed potatoes!? I AM SO OFFENDED.


Outta my way. Santa needs some Pawn Stars.

He's been super busy cutting teeth. Rocking up on all fours trying so hard to crawl but only scooting backwards. Saying Dada. Saying Mama when he's in distress. Putting everything in his mouth that he possibly can. Getting tougher by the day because of his big sister. And being an adorable, smiley little guy.

I'm practically full grown.

Cutest bedhead ever.
I dare you to meet this guy and not love him completely.

No comments: