Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just Add Milk

Now with more pounds and a lot more attitude!


Miss Avery Anne is four months old today. Looking at her today, I barely recognize her as the tiny little girl we met in August. I'm pretty sure she's close to tripling her birth weight at this point, so I'm interested to see what her measurements are at the doctor next week. She is large and oh so in charge.

Those luxurious locks have grown thinner, even though she still has quite a bit of hair. Just look at what she was born with!

Today, her hair may be thinner, but she's filled out everywhere else! She's got the cutest chubby little cheeks and thighs you just want to munch on. I can't believe how much she's grown. The kid on her package of diapers is walking, for crying out loud.

Speaking of crying out loud, she has found her attitude. She is usually a very happy baby, but she knows that a loud holler gets results in a hurry. And that loud holler is more of a horror-movie scream. I have visions of that scream happening in grocery stores. In which case I'm pretty sure I'd do anything to make it stop. Want a live lobster? It's yours! She'll go from zero to 60 in a few seconds flat. Here is one of her fits during our photo session:

But she's also found her smile and her laughter, so we have a lot of fun getting her to grin and giggle.


She still hates the pacifier (Marti still loves them. Six destroyed now.), but she's learned that she's got these hands, and hands have thumbs. She doesn't suck, she just noms on them and drools like crazy. Yum yum!

She also rolled over during tummy time the other day. She did it in September when she was super pissed, but this time it wasn't a fluke. Here she enjoys some tummy time with daddy!

Other milestones include lifting her legs up into the air and slamming them down with ferocity, and bringing her rattles and teething rings straight to the mouth. Or I should say, bringing them in the general direction of her mouth. It's a source of endless entertainment for me.



And if I see you at Christmas, don't even ask if she's sleeping through the night. She's not. Not even close. I will volunteer that information when we at least step in the right direction. Until then, I will share pictures like this where you can't quite see the dark circles under my eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I cannot believe how much Avery has grown and changed!!! She's so stinkin' cute! -nik

rachel vaughn said...

those cheeks are great!