Saturday, July 21, 2007

No Place Like Home

I've been AFB (away from blog...I just made that up) for the past week because I've been a crazy-busy jetsetter. It all started last Friday when I headed off to Vegas for the weekend. It was an absolute blast, and even though I left Vegas on Sunday, I don't think I was fully recovered until Tuesday. From the City of Sin, I headed back home for a short visit, which was great! Being able to work from home has definite advantages, so I was able to get a 3-day visit without taking any vacation days. I was so glad to see my family and some wide open spaces. When I was done in Kansas, I had to head back to California for a short stopover. I got in on Wednesday night, and Thursday morning I had to get up and get back to the airport to go to Long Beach for a work conference. While heading to my hotel, I got to see the Queen Mary, which I didn't even know was in Long Beach.



The work conference went well, but I was so glad to be heading home on Friday night for good. After Alan picked me up, we went to a very late dinner. It was confirmed that I was back in crazy Cali when the server brought us seven straws for two glasses of water. You just never know when you'll need backup straws.



I am so glad to be home, on the ground, after five flights in seven days. Even though Alan stole the car from me today without telling me thus leaving me stranded at home all day. I wasn't the only one who was glad I was back home again. Alan and Marti were very glad to return to normalcy.



And here's Marti, looking at a map, trying to figure out what happens when Alan and I leave the house.

1 comment:

Quinn's Mom said...

Tres fun, jetsetter! Maybe you and Marti could jetset to Io-way next so our puggies can play together (and we can too!)