Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More things you don't see in Kansas

I’ve been made aware that not all of my blog readers know that you can click on pictures to make them bigger. Two pictures in particular are more effective when you click on them to enlarge: 1) the sea lions of my last post and 2) Marti’s captain destructo goat with horn. When you enlarge food, it’ll probably just make it look more delicious.

Alan and I recently managed to find a Mexican restaurant that wasn’t out-of-control expensive. They served some tasty margaritas and some tasty food on plates the size of Texas.



The margaritas packed a punch, so much of a punch apparently, that the restaurant has this gumball machine on the way out:



If you can’t see even after enlarging, it says that the gum “helps cover alcohol breath,” and “it’s just not worth the risk if you’ve had a drink.” Not worth the risk, so use gum to cover your foul drunk breath and get in your car anyway? The gum doesn’t sober you up, it only hides the smell. Although we weren’t driving, we did try the gum out. I’m not sure if it worked; I was too drunk to tell.



Speaking of drunk, Alan and I did get unintentionally a little too tipsy one night at a bar in town. It started out with beers at a local burger/deviled egg joint in town, and then we decided to class our night up a bit and stop for a glass of wine on the way home. We started out with wine, and got talking to a local who transplanted from Boston 25 years ago and never left. One glass of wine led to another, to a beer, and to, well, this:



The bartenders wanted to make sure we left happy, and that we did. A little too happy. So happy that I probably won't drink that much again for awhile, intentionally or not.

And just so you all don’t think that drink is all that we do, here’s proof that we do get out and do normal things, like go to Target. This is a two-story Target, and this is how you get your cart up or down to the next floor:



I'm obviously quite proud to be the dork-about-town taking pictures of all the things that make me go "Gaww-lee."

2 comments:

Quinn's Mom said...

I'm so glad you made that last comment about you taking all those pictures. I was just thinking, "dang, she whips that camera out all the time!" So glad you do though! That escalator thing is crazy (and now I want Mexican)

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! That cart thing is soooo weird...and awesome. Very futristic...lol.

I also want to point out this sentence: "So happy that I probably won't drink that much again for awhile, intentionally or not." Um...that didn't last long now did it? ;)