Sunday, August 7, 2011

Avery's 1st Birthday!

Avery turns one today. I can't even believe it. It seems like just yesterday that my water broke while we were in the middle of a kitchen renovation. That my water broke while Alan was fixing squeaks in the floor by drilling into the basement ceiling. The drill bit in question was left behind and remains in the ceiling today.



Avery was in a big hurry to arrive and I was in such a daze that I barely remember the first time I held her. Here's photographic evidence to jog my memory. And luckily you can't tell how swollen my face was.


She's gone from our teeny-tiny baby who slept all the time...


...to our chubby little munchkin whose cheeks could not be contained. And who was so over sleeping all the time....


...to the girl of today who cannot be contained for a photo session...


...who has a best friend in Marti...


...is a trooper on hikes...


...who sleeps tons better....


...has a stellar blooper reel...


...and is a joy to be around.


She enjoyed her birthday cupcake while we were vacationing with family. She destroyed it, and ate some of it.


Marti helped her open lots of new toys, too. I think they're as much for me as for Avery. I was suffering severe toy boredom.

She makes us laugh and keeps us on our toes. She fills our lives up. I can't imagine life without our little girl along for the ride. Happy Birthday, Stinkerbell!

3 comments:

Tish said...

LOL her blooper pic is the BEST! ha!

Alyssa said...

Happy 1st birthday, Avery! I can't believe it's been a year!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st B'Day to our little sweetheart. She has brought so much joy to our lives! Love ya! MaW & TOM