Monday, June 27, 2011

To and Fro

Now an unstoppable force, Avery is keeping me very busy. She's a nonstop force of nature, crawling everywhere, climbing me like I'm a jungle gym. Once she got crawling down, all circuits started firing. She started sitting up on her own (I could write 5,000 words on How Sitting Up Interferes With Sleep), clucking her tongue, clapping her hands, waving, and crossing her fingers. All within a matter of days. I was rocking her before a nap the other day and instead of settling down, she used it as time to practice her tongue clucking, with her fingers crossed, while waving at me.

I sometimes make the mistake of calling Avery "Marti" and vice versa. I also sometimes tell Marti to "Leave it," with "it" being Avery. I also tell Avery to "Leave it," with "it" being "most household items and especially electrical outlets and dog toys." I also sometimes throw dog toys so that Avery's cute little bum will scurry after them. You're welcome.



Love this little look of determination as she comes toward me. And the sneaky look she gives me as she decides that yes, she will go ahead and try to go downstairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Aves Go!

Anonymous said...

I love that little "this really could be fun" look that she gives you as she gets ready to, in her mind, head down the stairs. MaW