Monday, February 14, 2011

Buried

Something about being buried under several feet of snow has left me blog-ally uninspired. I've only seen this much snow while skiing, and trust me, it's way more fun when you're flying* down the mountain and enjoying hot toddies afterward, as opposed to digging out a place for your dog to poop and watching her do her business on the porch anyway. With no hot toddies to follow.


The trusty Saturn has been buried since the massive snowstorm in December, and only over the weekend did I finally clear a path so that I'd have any hope of getting it out before spring. Luckily, today practically feels like summer, and the wind reminds me of Kansas in March, so maybe that damn groundhog knew what he was talking about this year.

It's a good thing Avery and I are good at entertaining ourselves, otherwise I'd be going more stir-crazy than I already am. She is really taking in the world around her these days, and with the whole sitting-on-her-own accomplishment, she's pretty hot to trot. And has serious opinions.


"Boppy? I don't need no stinking Boppy."



"Mom. You got a little something on your pants. I know you just changed into them. But for reals, they're a mess."



"Do you think this look will work when I want to borrow $20 from Dad?"




"Get in my buh-lly."



"You want me to stop making out with this ball to SMILE??"


Tune in next time for more drool and possibly higher quality images not taken on my phone.

*I feel like I'm flying. Alan might say otherwise.

3 comments:

Tish said...

ha! that little face of her always gets me going lol

Quinn's Mom said...

yay for an Avery post! Love those pics. And Quinn has that same ball! Love it!

Unknown said...

If baby health is defined by their chubbiness, you may have given birth to the next Jack Lelanne. Seriously, her hands look like they are detachable. She may not be able to stop once she starts putting on height.