Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Buenos Aires, Part 2

So after a warm welcome to BA, we jumped on a bus for a record-breaking 20-hour trip up to Iguazu Falls. We took off in the afternoon for an arrival the next morning at about 9:30 a.m. The seasoned travelers had assured Alan and me that these buses were first class all the way, and they didn't disappoint. While the bathroom could have been a little cleaner, two meals were served, movies were shown, pillows and blankets were available, and the seats almost fully reclined. After a Dramamine, I slept like a baby.

So did the rest of our group.


Alan and I checking out the map of the falls.

The falls are amazing. I can't even describe them, nor should I really try. I'll let you see all of the pictures and videos for yourself.

The falls remind me of the Grand Canyon in that every 10 feet you get a completely different view of the falls.




From here, you could get so close you'd get hit by the mist.



You then take a short boat ride to get over to an island where you get a different view of the falls. Buckle up!


A short train ride and a mile walk get you to Garganta del Diablo, or the Devil's Throat. The walk there...



And the payoff:



Worth 40 hours on a bus, don't ya think?

And the celebratory jump:
Then after our tasty al fresco dinner, we got back on the bus for our return trip. Covert wine ops:


Well done, Adam.

More videos available on YouTube if you didn't get your fill.

3 comments:

Quinn's Mom said...

I only have two words: TRES JEAL!

Jenn said...

WOW. Suck on that Niagria Falls.

(And seriously, kudos, for finding the time and sanity to post on your personal blog. What are you taking? 'Cause I want, no I NEED some.)

Mr. Joel said...

This makes Adam look like he has a drinking problem. So it reflects reality I guess.