Monday, January 28, 2008

Busy Bee

You'll at least be happy to know that while I've been neglecting my blog it's at least because I've been busy. Since my last blog I've been up to San Francisco for dinner; off to Las Vegas for two days; to the doctor for crazy dizziness; and skiing again with Alan. I'm celebrating the fact that trip 1 of 3 to Vegas is over and that I only have an inner ear problem, residual from sinus issues from my last illness, rather than a brain tumor. The doctor said it would go away on its own, which it did, coincidentally, the day I went to the doctor. At least now Alan and I have a doctor to go to out here.

Thanks to a Christmas gift from Lorrie, Alan and I made it up to San Francisco for dinner at the Beach Chalet. It's a cool restaurant right on the ocean. Of course, we went at night so we didn't get the full view, but we did see the fog roll in right before our eyes, which was really crazy. Tons of bonfires were going on the beach, so it made for very cool scenery and a great meal we wouldn't have otherwise had. We walked across to the beach, which was fun, but a tad on the blustery side. Ok, a LOT on the blustery side. It's no wonder there were bonfires every 10 feet.



The view of the restaurant itself looks awesome at night because it's all lit up. Unfortunately, that doesn't translate well for night photography, so I have the obligatory sign shot. We also saw a tsunami warning sign, which isn't something you see every day.



Alan and I also got up to Kirkwood again to ski over the weekend, in fresh snow, and it was a huge improvement over the conditions last time. We had such a good time, although at one point I thought I broke my ankle, and Alan slid headfirst down craggy rocks. We both recovered. All in a day's ski.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awesome on all accounts. Way to go for avoiding broken bones and brain tumors!

Julie VanErem said...

Bonfires on the beach! It sounds just like the O.C.!