Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wining and Dining

I've been unintentionally neglectful in my blogging. It's not for lack of material, I've just been too busy with other things. Such as getting addicted to an old computer game that my college friends and I used to play. One friend would even skip class to play so as to beat the high score. I won't even say what the game is because I don't want anyone Googling it and becoming neglectful of their husbands, wives, pugs, or blogs because of it. I've taken it off the computer and am back to my old self.

Last Friday Alan and I went on the San Mateo Wine Walk, where you walk around to participating businesses and get samples of wine. We got a ride from our sober driver (Caltrain) and proceeded to sample wines from 5:30 until 9. It was definitely a good time, although I'm not sure I remember most of the wines by name. Cheers to matching wine to your shirt!



We stopped off at a Thai restaurant in between wine tastings. We got to listen to everyone walking by talk about how it was the BEST Thai food in town. We disagree; it's still pretty tough to beat Thai Siam (although there is a Siam Thai in downtown Palo Alto. We're hoping the similarity in name means it's as delish!)



Although, the egg rolls were some of the best I've ever tasted.



Our stop after the Thai restaurant was Domino's, where they were pouring full glasses of wine instead of the one-ounce servings they were supposed to be pouring. Needless to say, the place was packed and this picture doesn't do it justice.



When we were finished drinking our fill (which was when the walk was over), we walked over to Baskin Robbins to eat dessert and kill some time before our sober driver came to pick us up. On the way we saw this sign in a window.



Psychic pet readings?? What do they tell them? "You're going to chase your tail tomorrow." "You will cough up a hairball." "You will fall in love at the dog park." What will they think of next....

2 comments:

Ma W said...

I'm certainly glad you had a "sober" driver. Sounds like a fun time. I'm glad you are checking out all these good places, so that when we come visit, you will have our itinerary mapped out. I hope Marti never gets the psychic reading "Your owners have become derelict winos and are putting you up for adoption because they can no longer afford to feed you." Ah well, Alan, this is your last weekend of freedom from work. Enjoy it!

Love,
MaW

Jenn said...

Only in CA do they have psychic pet readers. lol. I love it.