Friday, June 15, 2007

Do they, like, sell wall stuff?

Unlike Paris Hilton, I'm well aware of the retail giant Wal-Mart and all that it offers. I've had a love/hate relationship with the store my whole life. While I hate that it makes me feel like I need to shower when I leave, I love its low, low prices. Alan and I took a trip across the bay last night to the "mainland" to find what we think is our nearest Wal-Mart. And boy, were we in price heaven! Compared to the prices at our local grocery, the prices at Wal-Mart were near-normal! A can of soup for about a dollar? YES! Cereal for less than $5? Sweet! We kept saying, "It's just like home!" We stocked up on all the dry foodstuff we could: pasta, condiments, bread, granola bars, juice. It's no Superstore, but it has a lot of the basics. Even milk. It was well worth our trip across the water. And all it cost was a $4 toll on the way back home, which we are going to call our "Wal-Mart cover charge."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Isn't it sad that Wal-Mart is just like home? lol. I guess the Checkers model just didn't catch on well there.