Sunday, September 25, 2011

Waving Hi

We've got a little someone—a very little someone—who wants to say hi.

Meet baby No. 2:


That's right, Sherlocks. Alan and I are expecting our second baby. I'm 12 weeks, 5 days along, with a due date of April 3. Avery will be approximately 20 months at that point, and we will be approximately very, very busy.

To say that this pregnancy has been different from my first pregnancy would be the understatement of the year. My "heavy gagging" of pregnancy No. 1 is hi-larious to me, as the nausea this time around kicked into full gear around 6 weeks, and I'm still waiting for it to let up. I feel like I'm being attacked by an alien from inside. An alien who flips my stomach upside down and gets its jollies from making me dry heave* and/or lose my breakfast, depending on its mood. Yet the cute little alien just kicks up his or her heels, relaxing, unaware of the turmoil going on in my stomach.


It's also been a little more nerve-wracking, as this little one has freaked us out a couple of times (troublemaker already), but the heartbeat was strong like bull last week and then again on Friday when we had this ultrasound. And because Avery was an early bird, Baby 2 will get star treatment. Apparently delivering a 35-weeker will earn you monthly ultrasounds to make sure everything is staying where it belongs. But I will not complain about getting extra shots of little baby bums.


Here's hoping that Baby 2 is getting all of the drama out of the way early and that he or she remains strong like bull. And also that I start feeling human again.

*I would think of Sweet Dee from Always Sunny every time I'd gag while going about my day. Watch this if you want to see what this experience might look like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kisses back at you baby No 2.
Love you already.
GMA C

Alyssa said...

Congrats! Sorry the pregnancy isn't as "enjoyable", but it will all be worth it :)

Tish said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Congratulations! I'm just casually reading my morning blogs and BAM! Most awesome of awesome news! Whoa...You guys can pop out all the cuties you want! Can't wait to see how cute this one will be! Ahhh....so happy for y'all!

rachel vaughn said...

hey, i just finally saw this news! how exciting! congratulations!! hope you feel better soon.