Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh my gosh, stupids!

I am running into ridiculous amounts of stupidity today. AND I WORK AT HOME!! And no, Marti is not the stupidity that I'm running into, jerks.

Unfortunately, the stupids are able to find me by phone and via email. If I had to be within spitting distance, I might explode.

Example 1
For the newsletter at work, I send instructions and all content to people in Iowa. They in turn do it up nice and send a proof email. I get an email from one of them regarding the proof:

"The subject line in the proof is different from the one you sent in the instructions, which do I use?"

Um. Maybe the ONE I SENT WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS? And the one I mentioned SEPARATELY IN THE EMAIL. And NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE TWO WEEKS AGO.

Iowans. (sorry non-idiots from Iowa.)

Example 2
A company gets back with me regarding a product information request.

Stupid: "Does this cost money?"

Me: It's editorial, free of charge.

Stupid: Is there anything that costs money?


Yeah, if you want to advertise. But no, what I'm asking for does not cost money. I'm not trying to trick you here.


I could keep going, but don't want to bore with details of my dramatic dumb day.

No comments: