Friday, October 17, 2008

Some days you're the hydrant

You know the saying, "Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant"? Yesterday, I was the hydrant.

I was minding my own business at the dog park, on watch to make sure Marti wasn't devouring mud, as she's grown quite fond of doing recently. I was there, with my squirt bottle handy to spray her should she even think about it, and I felt a warm sensation on my leg. It took a second before it soaked through my jeans and hit my skin, and by then it was too late to figure out who the culprit was.

I hoped at first that it was my water bottle leaking. But I knew that my water wasn't warm. It was thus confirmed upon jean-removal that it was, indeed, dog urine. I guess my new jeans couldn't stay untarnished forever.

5 comments:

Mr. Joel said...

Other days you're the fire... or the dog? This particular saying hasn't reached the dark continent yet. Enlighten me please.

Jenn said...

One word: Sick.

Tish said...

lmao what does it mean when your doggie pees on you!?!

Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

Hiya very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I am happy to seek out numerous useful info here in the publish, we need work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
Also visit my web site weight loss solutions