Monday, March 19, 2007

Progress Report

We’re a few months into 2007, and I’ve been meaning to do a New Year’s Resolution update, so what better time than March 19?

1. Read the Bible. I am surprisingly dedicated to my nightly readings, except for the past two weeks, and then only because I’ve been trying to finish a borrowed book so I can return it. I’m about 250 pages into the Bible, and I’ve completed the first four books. Now that I’m done with my other book, I can refocus my efforts. I consider this resolution a success in progress.

2. Find a job. Ok, no luck on this one so far. I think this will be easier once I’m out in California. I’m either grossly overqualified so they aren’t calling me, or maybe they can sense my desperation via e-mail. Either way, I’m sure I’ll be employed at some point in the future. I consider this resolution a success-soon-to-come.

3. Find a home. Ok, also no luck here. But it’s not for lack of trying. I’m still confident we’ll find a suitable home. I consider this resolution a test in patience.

4. No fast food. I’ve done fabulously well on this one, I must say, even taking into account some slip-ups. I didn’t eat any fast food from mid-October until mid-February. Mid-February was our trip to California, and I was forced to partake in some fast food. I’ve also since eaten LJS and Sonic, but that’s much better than my norm. I call this a medium success. I figure if I can make it until June, I’ll consider it a super-size success.

5. Nicer, more patient. Success! I think I’ve done well on this one, mostly because I didn’t have a long way to go. Ha! I think some of the unknowns in my life at this time have been a help in increasing my patience.

6. Workouts. I can pretty much say at this point in time that working out is a part of my lifestyle. It’s way too hard to get back into shape once you lose your buff stuff, so I try to keep up with it as much as possible. I’m doing the Self Challenge right now, and on days that I’m lazy, I at least try to take Marti for a good walk. Never underestimate the power of a power walk! Plus, I’ve been hitting the Zumba dance floor and it’s a blast. I consider this resolution a success!

7. Keeping Marti out of puppy hospital. She has been healthy, hurray! A few days of hunger strikes here and there, but I think she just has a sensitive system. Another success!


All in all I’m pretty proud of my sticktoitiveness regarding my resolutions. You know I'll be yelling from the mountain tops once I get a couple of these suckers done.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

There's no monetary value you can put on "sticktoitiveness."

And wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! You linked to Zumba!